Thursday, May 23rd
6:30 – 10:30 PM
The Hall at Jester King
Ticket Price: $30
We’re excited to host our very own Star Party at Jester King with the McDonald Observatory.
Please join us for an evening of talks and telescope viewing at Jester King’s new “dark skies compliant” event hall. The ticket price of this event also includes first pour and snacks. Proceeds for this event will benefit the McDonald Observatory at The University of Texas at Austin.
In 2014, the city of Dripping Springs became the first International Dark Sky Community in Texas. This designation aligns with Jester King’s commitment and philosophy to preserve the natural beauty of our piece of the Hill Country.
Both Jester King Farmer Peppy and McDonald Observatory Dark Skies Advocate, Bill Wren, will speak about the importance of preserving dark skies and their efforts to reduce light pollution. Following the talks, we will enjoy an evening of telescope viewing with McDonald Observatory volunteers.
You may purchase tickets here
- 6:30 – 7:45p Drinks and snacks
- 7:45 – 8:30p Presentations (Farmer Peppy, Jester King Farmer & Bill Wren, Special Assistant to the Superintendent, McDonald Observatory, University of Texas at Austin)
- Jester King’s Role in Preserving Dark Skies Over Texas Hill Country by Farmer Peppy, Farmer at Jester King
- Preserving Dark Skies Over McDonald Observatory by Bill Wren, M.Ed., Special Assistant to the Superintendent, McDonald Observatory, University of Texas at Austin
- 8:30 – 10:30p Stargazing and Telescope Viewing