The Notre Dame Club of Austin is pleased to announce an auction of 50 tickets to the Georgia @ Notre Dame football game at Notre Dame Stadium on September 9th, 2017 for local NDCoA dues paying members.
- This is a Dutch auction where the highest bidders pay the price of the 50th highest bid ticket with a minimum of $145 / ticket without knowing other bidders’ bids.
- You must be a local dues paying NDCoA member at the time that the auction closes for your bid to be considered. If necessary, contact Laura@ndclubofaustin.com regarding your membership status.
- Submitting a bid costs $1
- Bidding closes at the end of March 31st
- Pay your dues here www.NDClubOfAustin.com/membership and place your bid below by completing the information below
- We expect the tickets to be upper deck corner seats
In a Dutch auction, most winning bidders do not pay what they bid – instead, except for the lowest winning bid, they pay LESS than what they bid. In our case, the bidders of the top 50 bid tickets pay the price of the 50th highest bid ticket. Here’s an example:
How to Participate:
- You must be a local dues paying member of NDCoA for your bid to be considered: www.NDClubOfAustin.com/membership . What’s meant by “be a local dues paying member”? This means that you must have paid dues at any time between April 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017 and live in the central Texas area. Refunds for dues will not be provided. Contact Laura@ndclubofaustin.com if you have any questions about the status of your dues.
- Then, place your bid on the right by filling out the information described below. Submitting a bid costs $1. Note the Schedule of Events below for important auction dates. Information and your bid will be submitted through PayPal
- Enter the quantity of tickets (maximum 4 per bidder)
- Enter bid amount per ticket (minimum $145; This is face value from the University)
- Enter other information requested (such as contact information) prior to checking out. The winners of the auction will be invoiced after the auction using the contact information provided when submitting a bid via PayPal, such as the email address used for PayPal. When bidding via PayPal, please ensure that the contact information provided is valid.
Eligible Auction Bidders:
- Notre Dame Club of Austin dues paying members are eligible to participate in the auction. Bidders must be current on their dues when the auction ends – see the Schedule of Events below. Non-dues paying bidders’ bids will not be given an opportunity to pay dues if they have submitted a top 50 bid.
- Bidders do not need to be an ND alumnus to participate, but should be part of the NDCoA community. Those bids without ties to NDCoA will be discarded. Implied is that the bidder resides in the central Texas area.
- The ND Club of Austin Officers and anyone directly involved in managing the auction will only be allowed to bid if they publicly declare their bids at the start of the auction.
Schedule of Events:
March 9th: Auction opens – visit www.NDClubOfAustin.com/membership to pay membership dues and then place your bid above.
March 31: Last day to bid – auction closes at midnight.
- The winners will be invoiced using the contact information (email address used to submit the bid with PayPal) provided when bidding. Tickets will be mailed as soon as they are received by the Club, but after the auction ends. Home tickets are typically received by the Club in August.
Detailed Auction Rules:
- Reserve price per ticket is $145 (This is the face value of the tickets and the price the Club pays for the tickets)
- All winners will pay the price of the 50th highest bid ticket, rather than his/her (higher) bid. Ties will be awarded to the bid that was submitted earliest. If the bid of the 50th highest bid ticket was part of a bid for 4 tickets and 2 of those ticket bids became the 50th or lower highest bid ticket, then the bid will be split. In other words, the bidder will only receive part of his/her bid.
- The auction is a blind auction – meaning that bidders will not know the bids of the other bidders at any time.
- A bidder can purchase up to 4 tickets in total, which can be placed via separate bids if one desired to do so. For example, one could bid for 2 tickets at one price and another 2 tickets at another price. However, only that bidders’ highest 4 ticket bids will be considered. That bidders’ bids for tickets beyond his/her 4th highest will be discarded.
- Effort will be made to group a winning bidder’s seats together, but this cannot be guaranteed. Effort will be made to provide the best seats to the higher bidders, but exceptions will be made in circumstances where seats could be grouped together by adjusting the seat allotment.